AllPaws / Job Listings
Job Opening at AllPaws - A Fast Growing Startup Offering a Better Way to Adopt a Pet
Exciting Opportunity: Freelance/Contract Web Designer for Fast-Growing Pet Adoption Start Up in NYC
Product Designer (Contract)
As a designer at AllPaws.com, you will work closely with our small team to improve our product and make our user experience as delightful as possible. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in web design and possess knowledge in a variety of fields including front-end development, user interaction, technology, conversion optimization and marketing. Bonus points if you love pets!
This is a contract role (hours will vary but overall figure an average of 20-30 hours per week) with the potential to develop into more or a full-time role as the site grows.
We’re a team of animal-lovers located in the heart of Manhattan, and our mission is to help thousands of pets find loving homes. We take a fresh & modern approach to pet adoption by combining sophisticated online dating functionality, engaging pet content & deep social integration.
Our founder brings a track record of success - having previously co-founded one of the largest online dating properties in the world. AllPaws.com launched several months ago in early beta and is growing quickly while earning significant top tier media attention (Huffington Post, Mashable, Venture Beat, Fast Company, Netted).
We encourage independence & embrace your preferences to do work at home or in the office however we are looking for someone local to NYC who can visit the office from time to time for in-person sessions.
Design pixel-perfect responsive page layouts & interactions
Work with our lead developer on the implementation of your designs
- Strong portfolio with examples of visual design, interaction, and problem-solving
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- The ability to push our existing web aesthetic forward for seamless design continuity
- Conversion-centered – ability to incorporate effective designs solutions to optimize conversion rates & reflect user feedback (we value a/b testing & metrics)
- Front-end development skills are a plus
- Working experience with a small team and exterior development partners also a plus
- Experience building landing pages a plus
- Experience with email templates a plus
We recently launched a full redesign so it is essential that your style and tastes are similar to and consistent with the current look and feel of the site.
Please include a link to your online portfolio when applying.Contact Us Here to Apply